October 30, 2017
1 Peter 2 talks about “God in his great mercy has given us new birth into a living hope through the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead”. Meaning we have been spiritually born-again, which is the Holy Spirit’s act of bringing new people into God’s family. Anyone who wants to be a child of God has to be born again. It is only through a fresh beginning that we can be saved. We are also born into a living Hope. What a wonderful word! Our hope is not just in the future but right here in the now. It is living in us and sustaining us in our day to day struggles. And where does this living hope come from? ‘Through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead’. In other words, Christ’s resurrection is the reason for our hope. As believers let’s cling on to this hope and also become its dealers dispensing it to a broken world.
- Here is an attachment of the video we played yesterday. It is also on our website https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7iVwCybRqg&hd=1
- O.C.C Packing party, Saturday November 11th from 9 AM till noon. Party set-up will be Friday November 10th
- Ladies Bible Study- Tuesdays- Book Of Hebrews- Contact Barbara Severy
- Men’s group. More books have come!! 1st and 3rd Monday- Gospel – Recovering the power that made Christianity Revolutionary- J D Greer
Set clocks back next Saturday night
Now that faith has come we are no longer under the supervision of the law. (Gal 3:25)
October 23, 2017
Luke 24 tells us about two believers who were traveling from Jerusalem to Emmaus. Jesus walks along with them but they were kept from recognizing him. They talked with Jesus about all the things that happened to him and also mention about the empty tomb saying, “Then some of our companions went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said, but him they did not see.” (Luke 24:24). They knew the tomb was empty but did not understand the resurrection. We can be at the same place too where God’s eternal power is clearly seen but we fail to acknowledge it or engage it as divine. We become calloused and fail to marvel as a child at God’s glory in everyday experiences. Think about this, if we have the Holy Spirit dwell in us we become a living presence of his awesomeness. Jesus chided the Emmaus believers by saying, ‘how slow of heart to believe’. Let us open the eyes of our hearts and look at what God is doing in and through our lives right now!
~ Ladies Bible Study this Tuesday 9-11 AM @ Barbara Severy’s home ( call 235-1330 for more info)
~ First Step Pregnancy Silent Auction and Dinner this Friday (Annisa Lamberton for more info)
~ O.C.C Packing Party, Saturday November 11th from 9 AM.
~ Youth Group Crockpot dinner, Baking Bonanza at the Erickson homestead (100 West Street, MTS) Saturday, October 28th between 5:30- 8:30 PM.
Christ redeemed us….so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit (Galatians 3:14)
Lets continue to pray for each other especially those struggling in the family of faith!
October 16, 2017
Jesus taught in Mark 8:34 that whoever wants to be his disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow him. Yet it is quite ironic that the one man(the rich ruler) in Mark’s Gospel who really really wanted to follow Jesus, who fell at his feet pleading for eternal life, whom Jesus declared loved, is the one who sadly rejects Jesus. So what does this say? I says that our desire alone can’t save us. We can ask the right questions with the right intentions to the right person- but salvation happens when we surrender completely. When we abandon the things that gives us an impression of being in control and give him the control.
- Men’s book study tonight at 6:30 pm -Fellowship Hall
- Ladies Bible Study Starts October 24th at Barbra Severy’s house. Please let her know how many are interested so that she could have enough study guides.
- If you’d like to be part of the Church Mouse ministry scheduler program, go to https://www.rotundasoftware.com/ministry/mscc and click on “sign up now”
- First Step Pregnancy- silent Auction and Dinner- Oct 27th
- Chain Breaking Series continues next week- Galatians a declaration of Freedom (Gal 3:10-14)
- Youth Group Crockpot dinner, Baking Bonanza at the Erickson homestead (100 West Street, MTS) Saturday, October 28th between 5:30- 8:30 pm (Contact Laura, Mary and Erick for more info)
- Lets continue to pray for each other
October 9, 2017
Jesus taught us to pray ‘give us this day our daily bread’. This was not just a prayer for bread but a proclamation of our dependence upon God, an invitation to come to Him in a spirit of humility. Bread in the bible has been a powerful symbol of God’s Grace (free and abounding). When the Israelites complained in the wilderness God “rained bread from heaven”(Ex. 16:4). It says the next day when the dew lifted, on the ground was this “small round substance, as fine as frost….It was like white coriander seed, and the taste of it was like wafers made with honey” (Vs. 14, 31). What a fine description of scrumptious delight! Jesus says in John 6:35 that He is the bread of life meaning He is the essential for life, not the physical bread that perishes but the divine bread that gives and sustains life, available to all who seek him. The desire is that none should perish. He is our daily bread, the one who satisfies all our need in Him.
OCC collection- stuffed animal
If you’d like to be part of the Church Mouse ministry scheduler program, go to https://www.rotundasoftware.com/ministry/mscc and click on “sign up now”
First Step Pregnancy- silent Auction and Dinner- Oct 27th
Chain Breaking Series continues next week- Galatians a declaration of Freedom (Galatians 3:1-9)
Did you receive the Spirit by works of law or by hearing with faith? Galatians 3:2
Each One Reach One
October 2, 2017
There is cost involved in our commitment to follow Jesus. What are the costs? We may lose social status, be ridiculed in public,sometimes give up our career, time and money, be separated from family, and even put to death for Jesus name. In Matthew 14:28-30 Jesus talks about a builder who inaccurately estimated the cost of building a tower, the building is not finished because the builder miscalculated the cost of the building. That is a big mistake. Do not miscalculate the costs of followership. Are we in this Christian journey for a trouble free life, without any personal cost? That never happens, there is cost involved. Our salvation is free! But our sanctification comes with a price tag, giving our lives to Jesus in its entirety.
- Men’s group tonight at 6:30 pm
- Our missionary to North Africa will be with us sharing during worship- Sunday October 8th
- OCC collection- stuffed animal
- First Step Pregnancy- silent Auction and Dinner- Oct 27th- Contact Annisa for more info.
- Sermon Series on Galatians- Part 5, Next week- ‘Justified by Faith’- Don’t miss this one.
For if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose- Apostle Paul
Each One reach One